Anatomical Society Student Pages
A very warm welcome to student members of The Anatomical Society!
Students are a crucial ingredient in the society, central to its core principles, particularly in the aim of inspiring young anatomists and supporting research and learning. Our student community is an ever-expanding proportion of the membership, and representation at our scientific meetings is now regularly 1/3 of attendees. In other words, students should be cherished and we endeavour to engage, enthuse and entertain!
The Anatomical Society offers students:
- A welcoming, supportive community
- A safe and encouraging environment to present work
- Academic and social connections
- Financial benefits
- A valued role in the society: A dedicated council representative, student events, and student website section!
These pages provide student-focused information on:
- How to join as a student member and receive membership benefits
- Experiences and advice from current and past student members
- Student events
- Learning, teaching and working in anatomy
- Resources and guidance for successful publication
The student membership voice should be the loudest guiding the future of the society. The current student representative on council is Jeremy Mortimer (email@example.com, @j_w_mortimer), PhD student in musculoskeletal tissue engineering. Feel free to get in touch with questions, and he is particularly keen to hear how the society can be improved for you as a student.