Teaching Associate (Anatomical Sciences) Ref: 18/106887
School of Medicine, Dentistry and Biomedical Sciences
To teach the Anatomical Sciences (anatomy, histology, embryology) to undergraduate and postgraduate students of the Faculty of Medicine, Health & Life Sciences; to contribute to related administrative and outreach activity.
The successful candidate will be expected to carry out some of the activities:
• Deliver a range of teaching activities in human anatomy and related histology and embryology including lectures, practical classes and tutorials within the undergraduate and postgraduate programmes of the Faculty of Medicine, Health & Life Sciences.
• Contribute to the assessment of students’ work by setting and marking examinations and coursework using relevant criteria
• Contribute to the School’s outreach and marketing strategy including contributing to Open Days and other course promotional events.
• Plan and develop independent teaching contributions and contribute to the design or revision of course units; contribute to curriculum development.
• Plan and manage teaching contributions as agreed with Centre Director or Head of School.
• Contribute appropriately to the Teaching Quality Assurance activity of the Centre.
Informal enquires can be directed to Clare Foy, email email@example.com
Further information about the Centre can be found at www.qub.ac.uk/research-centres/wwiem/
The successful candidate must have:
• A primary degree in Anatomy, Biomedical Science, Human Biology or closely related subject
• Significant knowledge of Human Anatomy, Histology and Embryology
• Experience in human cadaveric dissection
• Evidence of teaching the human anatomical sciences to students in Higher (University) Education.
• Proven ability to create effective teaching material in Higher Education.
• Experience of setting and judging student assessments in Higher Education.
Anticipated interview date: Tuesday 4 December 2018
Salary scale: £33,199 - £39,610 per annum (potential to progress to £43,266 per annum through sustained exceptional contribution)
Closing date: Wednesday 14 November 2018
For full criteria and to apply online, visit www.qub.ac.uk/jobs. You must clearly demonstrate how you are meeting the criteria on your application. For further information or assistance contact Resourcing Team, Queen’s University Belfast, BT7 1NN. Telephone (028) 9097 3044 or email on firstname.lastname@example.org
The University is committed to equality of opportunity and to selection on merit. It therefore welcomes applications from all sections of society and particularly welcomes applications from people with a disability.
Salary: £19,202 - £21,414 per annum (Grade 3)
Vacancy Number: 7835BR
A position is available for a Anatomy Technician to provide professional technical support to the Anatomy Centre.
The successful candidate will have experience of working in a technical support environment, experience in working with cadaveric human tissue and experience of dealing with personal or sensitive communications and information with sensitivity and confidentiality.
This position is full-time, available immediately.
Please be aware that Cardiff University reserves the right to close this vacancy early should sufficient applications be received.
Cardiff University is committed to supporting and promoting equality and diversity and to creating an inclusive working environment. We believe this can be achieved through attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse range of staff from many different backgrounds who have the ambition to create a University which seeks to fulfil our social, cultural and economic obligation to Cardiff, Wales, and the world. In supporting our employees to achieve a balance between their work and their personal lives, we will also consider proposals for flexible working or job share arrangements.