Anatomical Society Meetings
While the theme of the meeting is Anatomy through the lens of imaging, the scope of the meeting is not restrictive and submissions from all aspects of anatomical research and education are welcomed. However, the academic committee would prioritize abstracts that showcase the use of imaging modalities in anatomy, including clinical anatomy, education, research, comparative anatomy and outreach. You can now download the
To download the final timetable click here. .
Please be aware; those of you who submitted abstracts to the winter Dublin meeting will need resubmit in order for their abstracts to be presented at the rescheduled meeting.
Abstract submission has now closed!
Pre conference workshop- Meet the JoA Editors with Q&A on the art of being published. Delivered by Philip Cox, Editor-in -chief of the Journal of Anatomy. Monday 4th July 11:30am-12:30.
2nd pre conference workshop- Anatomical image analyses with FIJI software. Delivered by Professor Kerry Thompson from NUIG. Monday 4th July 11:30-12:30.
For further information about the meeting Click here
The aim of the Anatomical Society's Scientific Meetings is to promote
One of the greatest strengths of the Society is its diversity and nowhere is this exemplified better than by the range of topics at our meetings.
The Anatomical Society Winter meeting Dates
July 2022 #Anatsocwinter21
July 4th-6th 2022 at University College Dublin.
April 1st 2022, Registration and abstract submission opens.
May 15th 2022, Abstract submission closes.
June 1st 2022, Early bird registration ends.
June 20th 2022, Registration closes at 23:59pm BST.
Prof. Imelda M. McGonnell, The Royal Veterinary College, UK. (Keynote speaker).
Dr Kathleen Curran, UCD School of Medicine. (Keynote speaker)
Prof. Paul McLoughlin, UCD School of Medicine. (Keynote speaker)
Prof. Sabine Koelle, UCD School of Medicine. (Keynote speaker)
Dr Matt Yousefzadeh- University of Minnesota. (Aging Cell Best Paper Award)
Dr Mark Pickering- UCD School of Medicine (Guest speaker)
Dr. Dearbhaile Dooley- UCD School of Medicine (Guest Speaker)
Dr Hiroshi Nagashima- University of Niigate, Japan (Journal of Anatomy Best Paper Award)
Mr Cian O'Connor, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland. (Dr Sophie Miller Memorial Prize Lecture)
Dr Michael Frill, Royal Veterinary College London. (Anatomical Society Education Innovation Award Lecture)
Organisers: Dr David Kilroy (email@example.com) and Dr Sourav Bhattacharjee (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Academic committee members:
Dr. Sourav Bhattacharjee (Chair, University College Dublin)
Dr. David Kilroy (University College Dublin)
Dr. Arun Kumar (University College Dublin)
Dr. Denis Barry (Trinity College Dublin)
Dr. Nicola Fletcher (University College Dublin)
Prof. Alan Baird (University College Dublin)
Prof. Deirdre Campion (University College Dublin)
Dr. André Toulouse (University College Cork)
Dr. Eva Sweeney (Queen’s University Belfast)
Dr. Martina Goggin (University of Limerick)
Dr. Colm Reid (University College Dublin)
Prof. James Jones (University College Dublin)
Dr Kerry Thompson (National University of Ireland Galway)
Ms Isabel Amado (RCSI University of Medicine and Health Sciences)
Local organising committee members:
Dr. David Kilroy (Conference chair, University College Dublin)
Dr. Sourav Bhattacharjee (University College Dublin)
Dr. Alison Reynolds (University College Dublin)
Dr. Margot Labberté (University College Dublin)
Dr. Bridget Hogg (University College Dublin)
Mrs. Frances Le Matti (University College Dublin)
Ms. Catherine McCarney (University College Dublin)
Ms. Marie Tumilson (University College Dublin)
Ms. Jane Brennan (University College Dublin)
- AnatSoc winter meeting 2022/23- University of Nottingham, 4-6th January 2023.
- Bangor Summer 2023
- Anatomical Society virtual Summer Meeting, 7th-9th July 2021, hosted by Glasgow, UK
- Anatomical Society virtual Winter Meeting, 6th-8th January 2021, hosted by Newcastle, UK.
- Anatomical Society Winter Meeting, 2019, 18th-20th December 2019, Lancaster, UK.
- The 19th Congress of the International Federation of Associations of Anatomists, 9-11th August 2019, Excel, London, UK
- Anatomical Society Winter Meeting, 2018, 17-19th December 2018, York, UK.
- Anatomical Society Summer Meeting, 2018, 23rd-25th July 2018, Oxford, UK.
- Anatomical Society Winter Meeting 2017, 18th-20th December 2017, Dundee, Scotland.
- Joint Anatomical Society and AAA Summer Meeting , 27th-29th June 2017, NUI Galway, Ireland.
- Anatomical Society Winter Meeting 2016, 19th-21st December 2016, King's College London, UK.
- Joint Anatomical Society and BACA Summer Meeting, 19th-21st July 2016, Brighton and Sussex Medical School, UK.
- Anatomical Society Winter Meeting 2015, 14th-16th December 2015, Magdalene College, Cambridge, UK.